He was weak because he embraced the "POWER OF LOVE" over the "LOVE OF POWER"
I have NEVER seen a man so insulted in his life YET so loved. 2 years gone and the North has called him names, the South West has called him names; the South East has called him names even his brothers have bashed him, YET he remains the light that was at the end of a very dark tunnel. I have never seen a leader who preferred the "POWER OF LOVE" to the "LOVE OF POWER". I have never seen a calmer and humble man like this "weak" JONATHAN. Like David tending to his flocks in the bush, GEJ was tending to students in the classroom and then he was approached to get his 2 passports. Grace had found him as he was picked to become a deputy governor without a godfather or political background or friends. From there is history........
............. The weak and incompetent man climbed to the number one spot even in the midst of STRONG AND COMPETENT MEN.
SOME OF HIS QUOTES REALLY SHOWED HOW WEAK HE WAS.
1) Only a weak man will say "My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian" strong men will say "When I lose the election, the dogs and baboons will be soaked in their blood".
2) Only a weak man after being insulted by other regions will say "We are not sworn enemies… We are neighbours who sometimes offend each other, but can always sit down to talk over our differences". Strong men will send crocodile tears, and python dance to the regions to kill innocent people.
3) GEJ was weak, only a weak man would say "Nobody should rig for me. I am assuring Nigerians that though I am contesting, nobody must manipulate votes in my favour. Our votes must count, one man one vote, one woman one vote, one youth, one vote" Strong men just write results in Aso Rock and damn the consequences.
4) Only a weak man would make a call after he has lost an election that was manipulated just to save millions of lives and he said "It was an election and not a war, there was no winner and no loser, we all want a better country". Strong men after they have lost will order their supporters to kill corpers and even the pregnant corpers and take out the babies.
5) He was so weak he said and meant this "I am loyal to Nigeria’s economy. I don’t have accounts or property abroad. All my children live and school in Nigeria". Strong men have their Children live and school in UK all their lives insulting GEJ and instigating anarchy in a country they and their families are not living.
6) WEAK men own up to challenges but still say "We may not have overcome our challenges, but neither have our challenges overcome us". Strong men when faced with challenges just BLAME GEJ.
7) Weak men preach peace because they are weak "Our founding fathers… did not dream of a country where neighbours and friends would exchange bullets in place of handshakes". Strong men say is either this or WE DIE, while their children and wife are in far away UK. Strong men say it's BLOOD for BLOOD.
8) A weak man will unite all tribes together as one. But a strong man will bring about division among tribes as we can testify the statement "constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%".
9) Only a weak man would leave Aso rock healthy with his wife and family. We all know what happened to the strong men before and after him.
I can go on and one to prove GEJ was a "weak man". But lastly only a weak man can say this "I prefer to see the silver lining in the dark cloud rather than the dark cloud in the silver lining". This is why he never answers them; he sees the silver lining in the insults and they only make him stronger. 2 years gone, and he has loved ones that would stand by him.
MAY GEJ LIVE LONG AND MAY GOD GRANT HIM THE GRACE NEVER TO CHANGE FROM BEING WEAK TO BEING "STRONG". AGAIN ONLY A WEAK PRESIDENT CAN UNITE NIGERIA THE WAY HE DID. 2 YEARS GONE AND A STRONG AND COMPETENT MAN HAS TORN NIGERIA APART. INDEED THERE LIES GREAT UNTOLD STRENGTH IN WEAKNESS AND GEJ PROVES THAT.
IF EVERYONE LEAVES THIS MAN, I WILL BE THE LAST PERSON TO INSULT HIM; HE IS MY WEAK HERO.
written by Prince Philip