A huge chimney in a city in northern China has burnt in a inferno this led to jokes online about how it was possible for such a structure to be set ablaze.
The fire which broke out on Thursday morning in Xian in Shaanxi province consumed the 100-metre high chimney which is owned by a heating supply company and is a well known landmark in the city.
Stats shows that nobody was injured in the fire, which was brought under control on Thursday morning. Why would anybody get hurt when Chinese are good at reflexes.
Flames and smoke were seen pouring from the tall chimney before the blaze was brought under control at about 10am,china time. Roads near the chimney were closed for several hours.
The chimney was severely damaged in the fire. A lower concrete chimney formerly on the site was demolished and replaced with a steel reinforced structure three years ago, the report said.
Another said: “It remained safe for 30 years as a concrete chimney, but died soon after changing to a longer-lifespan structure. It was just not blessed.”
Read Also:Man arrested for impersonating a police man on facebook